A groundbreaking initiative
that will change the face of LGBTQ+ archiving
FEBRUARY 2024 - ANNUAL GALA
PLEASE JOIN US
The evening will commence at 6:00 pm with a cocktail reception in the Venue’s Epic Ballroom with delicious hors d’oeuvres, open bar, and fabulous silent auction.
At 7:00 pm guests will be invited into the Crystal Ballroom for more festivities including dinner with an open bar, entertainment, awards, and live auction. Over 500+ guests and VIPs are expected to attend.
Last years’ Gala had a record number of guests attending and raised a recording breaking amount of funds. The Gala is Stonewall’s largest fundraising event generating almost 50% of the organization’s operating funds.
FMI: Click the image to the left
2024 GALA TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE
Whether you own an LGBTQ+ bar or safe haven, operate a business related to the gay entertainment scene, or simply appreciate the history of queer spaces, we welcome you to consider supporting our efforts to preserve this important part of our heritage.
Watch this video to see what people are saying about
'Raising The Bars'
HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT #RaisingTheBars ?
Email me at GayBarchives@yahoo.com
- Active outreach to the owners of LGBTQ+ bars and safe havens [past &present]
- Creation of traveling exhibits focused on the history of LGBTQ+ bars
- Development of a gay trivia database
- Implementation of a national queer trivia competition
- Documentation of the history of the bars and community centers that serve us
- Recognition of long-standing queer safe spaces across the US
- Establishment of a 'GayBarchives' collection of bar ephemera & memorabilia
- Networking with NGLCC and local affiliated chambers
- Initiating a national LGBTQ+ bar passport program
- Building relationships with independent regional archival projects
- Partnering with related businesses in the LGBTQ+ entertainment space
- Assisting in the publication of LGBTQ+ history books and articles
One of our current projects: